As the Internet becomes even more pervasive, the importance of search engine optimisation for your website continues to grow. You can make the most of your Internet marketing efforts by following the same steps that top ranking sites do for improving their rankings. You may think that top ranking sites have to spend lots of money to get there. The truth is that some of these sites do spend mega bucks to stay top. But many sites who come out on top, follow some basic search engine optimisation guidelines. These guidelines are easy to follow and often cost little or nothing to put into practice.
6 SEO Tips
1. Manually register your site with DMOZ, also known as the Open Directory Project. The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors and feeds other web directories. Getting into DMOZ gives you one link back to your website. DMOZ feeding other directories increases the number of links back to your site.
2. Manually submit your site to Google. If you’d like to wait, Google will eventually find your website and return it in search result listings related to your site name and keywords. However, this may take some time. For faster inclusion, visit Google and sign up for the Google webmasters tools. You will then be able to claim your site, and submit a sitemap, so the Google search bots know all the pages on your website.
3. Make sure you are using keywords with a high KEI. This measure takes into consideration both the popularity and competitiveness of your keywords. By focusing on keywords with a higher KEI, you can optimize your chance for search engines to select your site for keywords at little or no expense.
4. Engage in a link building campaign. The more links you have to your site, especially if they have a high Google Page Rank, will signal Google and other search engines that your site is important. A great way to do this is through article submission or affiliate programs.
5. Make your site easily to crawl. Search engine do not like dynamic pages. Although this is changing with the advent of Google Site Maps, it is still important to ensure that all search engines can easily traverse your website. Make sure to use HTML coding and avoid dynamically created pages.
6. Be patient. Once you follow these suggestions, allow search engines time to re-index your site. In the Internet age, we’re looking for instant results. However, it does take some time for all of your search engine optimisation techniques to take hold.
Putting the SEO into practice
By implementing the suggestions we’ve discussed in this article, your search engine optimisation efforts can generate positive returns. As the world of search engines continue to evolve, it’s important to learn about the latest techniques and requirements for improving search engine results. If you do, you’ll find yourself at the top of the rankings!
If all else fails, and you get really stuck on any keywords and just cannot move forward anymore, don’t hesitate to bring in professional help. Search engines update their algorhythms that frequent, it can be hard for someone running a business and managing their website to keep up to date with what is happening.Tweet